Rugby betting is a great sport to bet on when you want to start with your gambling journey in New Zealand. Specifically, because rugby union is the official national sport of NZ. The All Blacks, which is the national team, is one of the best international rugby union teams across the globe. Whether you catch the game in a sports bar or stadium to experience the electric atmosphere, rugby is a great way to submerge yourself in some of the Kiwi cultures. Rugby is a contact sport that is played between two teams, with the goal of scoring points with a ball through a number of methods. Players physically tackle each other in order to stop their opponents from scoring points. Also, the team in possession can’t pass the ball forward. Meaning there is always a lot of running and tackling to be done in rugby. Check out the best venues to watch rugby in New Zealand with betting tips and how to bet on sports guide.
Up to $300
Leo Vegas Sportsbook
Up to $100
$200 Match Bonus
Up to $100
100% Up to $100
100% Up to $100
100 Spins Up to $3000
100% Up to $100
In This Rugby Guide You Will Find:
- Top Rugby Betting Sites in Bew Zealand
- Rugby Betting Online
- Understanding the History of Rugby in New Zealand
- Online Rugby Betting Bonuses
- Top Rugby Betting Odds NZ
- Rugby Betting Rules
- Rugby Competitions in New Zealand
Latest Rugby Betting News
With all that said, if you’re new to this whole rugby thing, or you want to know why the sport is popular in New Zealand, then we have everything covered for you from the sport’s history, the rugby teams, and also competitions! There are also free rugby betting bets that players are entitled to, so use them wisely. Live betting is also one of the best ways to bet online. Bet now at your favourite online sportsbook.
Rugby originates from the UK when the English brought the game to New Zealand during its great migration into NZ. Charles John Monro, the son of the then Speaker of the House of Representatives, transported the game to New Zealand in 1870. The first game of rugby to be played was at the Nelson College on the 14 May 1870. From then on, capitals around New Zealand took up the game. By the mid-1870s, the game was popular amongst New Zealanders. Things got more formal after that, with unions formed across the country. New Zealand played against the British Isles In 1888. The first Rugby World Cup was held in New Zealand and Australia in 1987 where the New Zealand national team, the All Blacks, were crowned the first world champions. Moreover, they went on to win the 2011 and 2015 champions.
Betting sites are very competitive and in order to entice punters, they provide high values of customer service, good payout rates, and also striking bonuses. The best New Zealand betting sites also offer safe and secure financial convenience. There are betting odds that players should also take note of when live betting or online sports betting. Bet live at a betting site and receive your cash out. There is also a welcome bonus that players get when they sign up at an online sportsbook such as Betway. Make sure you choose the best bets and there is also mobile betting that makes it even easier for players in NZ.
When it comes to rugby betting, there are a number of betting options available to punters. Also, when it comes to tournaments such as the Rugby World Cup, there are more available selections. Unlike added sports betting structures, rugby gambling gives you more than the option to guess the outcome of one precise game. With rugby betting, bettors can choose and bet money on specific players, making the game more exciting.
- All rugby stakes will be settled on the score at full time (80 minutes play), plus referee’s elective time.
- In the event of added time, a new market is created.
- Where a wager is struck “lift the cup” or “to progress” or “to win outright” there will be no betting on the draw.
- Fees are displayed on both teams.
- A handicap tie fee, if valid, gets quoted. If it’s a tie-on handicap after 80 minutes, all bets on both sides for the win are deemed as losers.
- When a team plays a dissimilar opponent to the one which is advertised, all options on that match become void.
- Where a number of betting opportunities are offered for the same game (e.g. first player to score, correct score, half-time, or the full-time result forecast) these cannot be shared in multiple wagers.
- Should a match be unfinished, postponed or abandoned, all selections become void unless it is recommended or played within the next 24 hours of the scheduled date.
Most of these competitions you can watch at any sports bar in NZ, as well as numerous stadiums around the country.
National Rugby Competitions
- Super Rugby is a competition that features teams from Australia, South America, and New Zealand.
- The Heartland Competition is an unprofessional national competition.
- ITM Cup is the best national competition in New Zealand.
International Rugby Competitions
- Tri-Nations Cup features the strongest teams from the Southern Hemisphere.
- The Rugby World Cup is measured as the ultimate rugby competition that takes place every four years.
- Bledisloe Cup is a tournament between New Zealand and Australia.
- World Rugby Sevens Series is a yearly international sevens competition.
- World Cup Sevens is the world cup of the sevens rugby teams.
Regional New Zealand Rugby Union Teams
- Auckland Blues
- Christchurch Crusaders
- Tasman Makos
- Hamilton Chiefs
- Dunedin Highlanders
- Wellington Hurricanes
- Southland Stags
More Sports Betting Games