Oscars, also known as the Academy Awards are certainly the highpoint of the awards season. Also, they are the most significant events in the entertainment industry. New Zealand sports books offer bettors the chance to have their say on the Oscar winners. Each year in Los Angeles, all the good-looking persons of Hollywood gather to hand out the gold-plated reward and to also pat each other on the back. The first Academy Awards ceremony took place in 1929, and it has grown into a yearly pop culture display filled with fashion and pageantry. Some always watch for the awards, while others tune in to see what the celebrities are wearing on the red carpet. In addition to watching the occasion, enthusiasts of betting and/or cinema are also able to take advantage of Oscar’s gambling. Most sports betting sites offer betting choices around the awards season, and the shrewdness cinephile has a chance to clean up on few well-placed underdog bets. We have compiled this Oscars Betting Guide for you to be able to place your bets at the top New Zealand Betting sites.
Oscars Betting Sites NZ
Up to $300
Leo Vegas Sportsbook
100% Up to $100
Up to $100
Up to $100
100% Up to $100
100% Up to $100
100 Spins Up to $3000
100% Up to $100
What is on this Oscars Betting guide:
- How Oscar Voting Works
- Academy Award Gambling Options
- Predicting Oscar Winners
- Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Picture
- Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Director
- Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Actor
- Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Actress
- Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
How Oscar Voting Works
Oscar winners are voted on by members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. There are about 6,000 members in this organization, 33% of which are comprised of previous award nominees. The other 67% have been nominated by current members and voted in by the Academy’s governing body. In some categories, candidates are selected members of that specific category. For instance, directors will determine the nominees for Best Director. The Best Picture candidates will be voted on by all members, and then categories like Foreign Film and Documentary are chosen by a special panel. Once the applicants are announced, members can vote in all accessible categories. The results are arranged and announced during the annual live show which takes place in February. To win or even to be nominated for an Oscar upsurges the film’s revenue. Male actors enjoy a salary bump of up to 81%.
Academy Award Gambling Options
Some sportsbooks offer bettors a wide range of bets for the Oscars, while others limit the number to one or even two. The following are amongst the most common betting options:
- Futures Winner – Some betting sites offer future bets on Oscar winners before nominations are announced. The odds are even greater due to the level of doubt, however, the possible payout is higher.
- Over/Under –a film selected for multiple Oscars, expect an over/under to be offered. In this kind of betting, the player should pick if the actual number of prizes won will be higher or lower than the number that is listed by the oddsmaker.
- Outright Winner – These odds are only out after the candidates are announced. They permit bettors to guess the outright winners for numerous categories. Best Actor and Best Picture are always a given, however, some sites take bets on Cinematography, Screenplay and Best Animated Feature.
- Proposition Bets –known as “prop bets,” this kind of bet can cover a wide range of the subject matter. Samples may include the over/under on the brand of dress worn by a celebrity, the length of the show or whether or not the host will take a selfie with someone throughout the broadcast.
Predicting Oscar Winners
Some Academy Award winners turn to come out of nowhere, nonetheless, the outcome can n be predicted with a bit of endurance and research. The best place to begin is with earlier awards shows like the Golden Globes and the SAG. If a film or performer is reliably successful in the run-up to the Oscars, then they’re a great bet to take home the little statue.
Hollywood enjoys a good message movie, so better keep this in mind when choosing your Best Picture candidate. Check out movies about slavery, war and the Holocaust, as members of the Academy have an everlasting soft spot for any film that involves an “issue” or human suffering. Actors and actresses are in a good position to take home an Oscar especially when they get to do more “acting.” Such as scene-stealing performances with a lot of shouting and other somewhat melodramatic behaviors. Anything by Daniel Day-Lewis is a good sample.
Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Picture
|Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood||+110|
|Ford vs Ferrari||+6600|
Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Director
|Sam Mendes (1917)||-138|
|Boon Joon Ho (Parasite)||+200|
|Quentin Tarantino (Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood)||+500|
|Martin Scorsese (The Irishman)||+650|
|Todd Phillips (Joker)||+3300|
Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Actor
|Joaquin Phoenix (Joker)||-1200|
|Adam Driver (Marriage Story)||+600|
|Antonio Banderas (Pain and Glory)||+2000|
|Leonardo DiCaprio (Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood)||+2000|
|Jonathan Pryce (The Two Popes)||+2000|
Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Actress
|Renee Zellweger (Judy)||-800|
|Scarlett Johansson (Marriage Story)||+700|
|Charlize Theron (Bombshell)||+1200|
|Cynthia Erivo (Harriet)||+1200|
|Saoirse Ronan (Little Women)||+2500|
Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
|Brad Pitt (Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood)||-700|
|Joe Pesci (The Irishman)||+700|
|Tom Hanks (A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood)||+1000|
|Al Pacino (The Irishman)||+1400|
|Anthony Hopkins (The Two Popes)||+2000|
Odds to Win Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
|Laura Dern (Marriage Story)||-800|
|Margot Robbie (Bombshell)||+700|
|Florence Pugh (Little Women)||+1000|
|Scarlett Johansson (JoJo Rabbit)||+2000|
|Kathy Bates (Richard Jewell)||+2000|