The Cox Plate is known as the second wealthiest weight-for-age race with bets money of 3 million AUD behind the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (ATC). Cox Plate is run as a part of the WMS Spring Carnival that takes place in Melbourne Australia. The event attracts horses and Cox Plate bookmaking punters internationally. The race is run for over 2040 meters, which makes it a long staying race that only specific thoroughbred racehorses are allowed to run. The world-famous Black Caviar was a sprinter, and it was able to run more normal 1200 meters. Between the year 1999 and 2005, the tournament was included in the Emirates World Series Racing Championship. In addition, it became known as the Grand Prix of horse racing, and it also included numerous international races such as the Dubai Cup and the Hong Kong Cup. Most people place Win or Place bets on Cox Plate, but those are not the only options that are available to punters. There are a lot of possibilities when it comes to Cox Plate gambling, all made even easy with the wide range of bookmakers available in New Zealand. Read our guide below for more on Cox plate Betting!
In This Guide You Will Find
Leading NZ Cox Plate Betting Sites
Cox Plate Betting Types
Before betting on Cox Plate, check out what type of wager suits you best. Check out other several popular betting options for Cox Plate betting:
- Win Bet- choose the horse that you think might win, and place a bet on it based on the odds.
- Place Bet- This involves guessing on which horse(s) will be in the top three of the races.
- Each Way- By bookmaking on a horse ‘each way’, the customer collects payments whether that horse wins or places. If the horse runs a place, the punter collects the place dividend only.
- Head to Head- This involves having to choose two horses from the Cox Plate field, and gambling on which of the two will finish ahead of the other.
- Futures- Punters can wager on the Cox Plate months in advance when the odds are long. This choice offers high payments but also it involves an element of risk.
- Exotics- The popular type of exotic wagers for the Cox Plate include Exacta, Quinella, First 4 and Trifecta. The odds for these stakes are very tough, so exotic bookmaking gives punters an opportunity to collect impressive bonuses.
Horses for Courses New Zealand
Placing Cox Plate betting is easy, however, should you want some tips on how to place bets and more kiwibetting.nz has got your back. There are numerous things to look at when trying to find your winning pony. Things like trainers, jockeys, pedigrees and the rules and also the surface all play a role in creating a winner. Pedigree is yet another good thing to look at. There are sure bloodlines running through thoroughbreds and have proven time and again to produce great winners.
There is a rising trend amongst punters for online horse race betting. You are able to avoid all the queues and bookies to make quick cash. However, you should keep in mind that not all bookies are trustworthy. Make sure you bet at the best and reliable sportsbooks online. If you find it hard to choose then Kiwibetting.nz features the best, reviewed New Zealand sportsbooks to bet at online. You can also find the best cox plate betting odds for all horses. Moreover, you can place your favorite bets at the comfort of your own house using your compatible mobile device.
Cox Plate Betting Tips
Punters that are looking for the best cox plate betting tips should keep in mind that Cox Plate tips usually flood in during the month of October each year. To Tip a Cox Plate winner involves looking at the lead-up system with gallopers that come off top three-run best performed in this spring classic.