Australia vs New Zealand – 2nd Test Match Preview & Prediction
All the pressure is now on New Zealand coming into this match as they were beaten in Perth last time out. NZ batters have to improve very significantly. Ravel is struggles at the top of the order so the Aussies bowling attack are able been able to get at Taylor and Williamson early in the innings which puts the tourists on the back-foot right from the beginning. Even short of Hazelwood, the Aussies have quality and look to have the edge over the Blackcaps’ batsmen. The arrival of Trent Boult is a big boost for them; however, his inclusion won’t save them from another loss with Starc and Cummins leading the way again.
Australia vs New Zealand Data
- Date: Thursday, December 26th
- Time: (0:00am UK time)
- Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Weather: 32c with sunshine forecast for most of the five days
- Last Meeting: Australia beat New Zealand by 296 runs
Australia vs New Zealand Team News
New Zealand has a lot of enhancements to make if they are to play better against their playful rivals Australia after they were beaten in Perth. Also, they need to pick themselves off and put on a good game. The obvious room for development comes in the batting line-up with Jeet Raval being under pressure after two disappointments in Perth. The tourists will be able to count on Trent Boult after the first Test came too soon in his recovery from a side strain, with the left-arm paceman a bigger boost to the squad.
Australia beat New Zealand in the first Test by 277 runs in Perth. Their bowling attack had too much quality for the Blackcaps’ batting line-up even though they lost one of their player Josh Hazelwood to injury after eight balls. Hazelwood was ruled out for this Test in Melbourne so the choosers have called up Peter Siddle to the team although the veteran seam bowler is very unlikely to play with Michael Neser or James Pattinson being more likely to come into the side for Hazelwood. It is unlikely they will make any changes to the order of the batting given how exceptional they are playing even though it has been proposed that Travis Head or even Matthew Wade could make way for a frontline bowler in order to lessen the workload on the bowling unit.
- Ladbrokes Reveals Its Concept Betting Shop to Balance FOBT Crackdown Impact December 23, 2019
- TNC Predator vs Invictus Gaming Predictions December 20, 2019
- PlayUp under fire for allowing Self-Excluded Gamblers to Gamble December 19, 2019
- Bet365 Revenue Almost Hits £3 Billion Mark December 18, 2019
- NFL apologizes for the blown call in Raiders loss December 17, 2019